As the lake area becomes more developed, some property owners have come to the City expressing a desire for municipal services and the protection of being within the City. Many advantages come with being inside the City's boundaries and there is no cost to the property owner to voluntarily annex and the City of Osage Beach does not have a City Property Tax that would be levied on the property.
The City regulates health and safety issues to provide a safe and appealing place to live, a supportive environment to conduct business, and to provide a premier visitor destination.
Some Benefits of voluntary annexation include:
- Police protection from the City of Osage Beach
- Timely 911 response from City Hall
- Ambulance service with response from City Hall
- Animal control services; protecting your property and family from unattended animals
- Code compliance/nuisance services and controlled land uses; services to deal with the possible unsightly or noisy neighbor
- Street maintenance; leaf pickup, snow removal, storm water, etc.
- Water and Sewer Utility Services
- Water and Sewer Utility In-City Rates; lower than Out-Of-City rates due to the subsidization by CIT funds
- Lower homeowner's insurance
- Voting rights; gives you the opportunity to vote in City elections and play a part in the decisions that direct the City
Annexation Form & Guidelines